Happy fall! After consuming many Pumpkin CHAI lattes (notice that I didn’t say SPICED), I decided to dedicate an entire blog post on 10 reasons why fall is the best season of the year.
- Fashion. You can wear your favorite sweaters, your floppy felt hats, scarves, your distressed boots, etc.
- Boots. No explanation needed.
- Corn mazes. I mean, who doesn’t like to beat their previous year’s personal record? Timing yourself in a corn maze is what makes it fun…And, competitive!
- Pumpkin. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin bread. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin drinks. Pumpkins. Pumpkin carving.
- Pie. Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. Apple pie. Cherry pie.
- Hot chocolate. Add some mini frozen marshmallows, so that the hot liquid melts them into a thick layer of tastiness. You’re welcome.
- Crunchy leaves. These are a little more difficult to find in Southern California than other places, but they’re around if you look hard enough. When they are, it’s required that you go out of your way to step on them.
- Football. Duh. It’s the time of year when we get to watch Aaron Rodgers strut Lambeau.
- Halloween and Thanksgiving happen.
- Everything seems more cozy! From layering clothing, to cuddling up in a blanket, to sitting by a fireplace. This time of year is just extra warm, even when it’s so chilly outside.
“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” -Jon Lubbock
Photography: Kristine Cramer Photography