Hey, friends! Its been awhile–life got busy! I’m so excited to share with you that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Naomi from www.Finite1.com, a beautiful blog that shares her eloquent writing, style, beauty, and love for Jesus. I’m so honored to be nominated by a fellow blogger, who I personally admire and look up to!
What is the Liebster Award? Well, the Liebster Award is an award for new bloggers! It is a great way to recognize new bloggers and smaller accounts. As Naomi stated, “It is basically one big shout out to pass along. It is also a great way to get to know each other better. The blogger community is huge but somehow with gestures like this, it makes it feel more personal and tight nit.”
Here’s how it works:
- I will answer the questions that I was asked by Naomi, who nominated me.
- I will nominate 10 bloggers who I am nominating for the Liebster Award.
- I will ask them 10 new questions that I have created for them.
- The 10 nominees then can make a blog post about being nominated.
- They answer the questions I have asked them.
- They nominate 10 other new bloggers (or how many they can) and create their own questions for them.
- A few rules to keep in mind:
- Post a picture of the Liebster Award in your blog post.
- Make sure to create a category called the Liebster Award.
- Acknowledge that I nominated you.
- Make sure to let the lovely bloggers you are nominating know that they are nominated.
- Have fun!!!!!
Questions from Naomi:
- Why did you start blogging and what is your favorite thing about blogging? I started blogging because it allows me to utilize my creative side. I also love writing, in a non-conformative way. Being able to mix my love for writing and creativity in fashion is a win-win for me!
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Santa Barbara, CA, and its currently where I still live! Hard to leave paradise…
- What is your favorite movie? I have two: The Great Gatsby and Serendipity.
- Where would your dream vacation be? I really want to visit Egypt to see the pyramids.
- What is your favorite dessert? I like anything that has sugar in it…But, if I had to choose one dessert, it would probably be warm cherry pie ala mode. Or, vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. I would be on a level of happiness comparable to a child on Christmas morning if either were in front of me.
- Are you more of a morning person or a night owl? Definitely a morning person! I prefer the sunrise to a sunset.
- What is your favorite quote and why? This is a tough question because I’m a quote addict, but one that’s currently made an impact on me is, “You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face.” I really enjoy this quote because it’s applicable to so many situations–It’s easy to quit, but it shows one’s strength and endurance if they continue through something difficult. Also, it’s a reminder to fight for what you want, even if it’s not convenient.
- What are the most important qualities in a friend in your opinion? Loyalty, grace, and compassion. I’m also intrigued by people who encourage me to step out of my safe-zone and try new things–within good limits.
- If you were stranded alone on an island and you could only have 3 things, what would they be? Assuming it’s a tropical island, I would want (1) my best friends, (2) endless supply of ripe watermelon, and (3) Aaron Rodgers.
- If you could have lunch with any person, past or present, who would it be and what would you ask them? Jesus Christ, without-a-doubt. I would ask him why he allows suffering in the world when he has the power to stop it.
The Bloggers that I have nominated:
- Torey’s Treasures
- Pope Pourri
- Sunny Rebecca
- Lets Jess Up
- Blonde Side Style
- Blonde & Brunette
- Coconuts and Coffee
- Laptops and Heels
10 questions for the bloggers I nominated
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your dream career?
- Name three bands/singers that would be in your dream festival lineup?
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve written? Provide the link!
- Who would be your dream date?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What’s your go-to outfit that you quickly pull out of your closet when running out the door?
- What is your favorite trait about yourself?
- What is your biggest fear?
- You’re driving in the car with your best friends. What song do you choose to play first?
I can’t wait to read your responses!
“Be a girl with a mind, a woman with an attitude, and a lady with class.”